Monday, October 2, 2006

Mold part 3

Another day, another trip to the Borg. I picked up a 1/4" bandsaw blade, oneof those drill sanding drums, andsome 1/4" - 20 x 1/4"set screws. I came home, installed the new bandsaw blade and made sure the blade was square to the table and tightened up the new set screws. I started cutting the second half of the mold. Oh man, what a difference, It cut like a hot knife through butter. So, after cutting with the bandsaw took the mold to the sanding station. Oh, my sanding "station"? You want to hear more about that eh? Well, just check out the pictures of the mold. Anyway, I could NOT get the mold smooth like it should be. I posted a note on the OLF and asked those guys about the "precision" and "smoothness" of the mold. When folks get paid for their "beautiful" guitars you tend to listen to them. After the discussion, I have decided to redo the mold. Back to the Borg for a sheet off MDF!

No comments: