Monday, September 25, 2006

Template continued...

I like to keep my brain busy while watching TV. So, while watching the Falcons do the best they could to lose to the Saints, I decided to draw out one more guitar body. I dug around on the internet and found some dimensions for the length, upper/lower bout, and waist of a Gibson Advanced Jumbo (AJ) question #3. The re-issue AJ is one of my favorite guitars (I wish I owned one). I love the way it sounds and plays. So, I thought why not base my guitar on the AJ dimensions. I used the length and the other dimensions I found from various net sources for the AJ. I used the ratio for the vertical location of the bouts and waist that I had calculated for previous attempts. Following the process described above I drew out a half template on construction paper, then traced that and created a full body cutout. The full body cutout I ended up with came out really nice. I am going to make a dread!

No comments: